Consider the following overview
of the work of Mission Birmingham:
Mission Birmingham brings leaders together to create partnerships and strategies that mobilize Christ’s people to make a significant Kingdom impact on our city. Our focus is on leaders that represent the business, church, nonprofit and government sectors of our community.
Partnering - Mission Birmingham uses its extensive network in Birmingham to connect people and organizations.
- Convoy of Hope – 2600 volunteers / 250 churches / 11,000 residents
- Citywide Prayer Events – led dozens of prayer events involving thousands of believers
- Dropout Recovery Program – Birmingham City Schools ongoing program
- The Alliance of Hispanic Pastors of Metro Birmingham – 25 pastors meeting monthly
- Birmingham Church Planting Network – 10 church planters meeting monthl
- Greater Birmingham Mayors Prayer Breakfast – 500 attendees, multiple mayor
- Prayer Gatherings for Pastors and Ministry Leaders – monthly, quarterly, annually
- Monthly pastor coaching – Dunamis Mentoring Group with Harry Reeder / Michael Wesley
- Franklin Graham Festival – August 2015
Strategizing - Mission Birmingham convenes leaders to develop strategic initiatives to effectively impact our community.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program - $1,000,000 state housing refurbishment grant
- Jefferson County Indigent Health Care Strategy – healthcare and government leaders
- Foster Care Initiative – ministries convened to mobilize hundreds of foster parents
- Global Media Outreach Citywide Vision – evangelism and discipleship opportunities
- Strategy to create urban-suburban partnership to effect every school in the Birmingham City School system
- 2nd Annual Dunamis Leadership Development Conference
- Build capacity in Birmingham’s nonprofits volunteers, leadership and funding
Mission Birmingham provides volunteers with meaningful opportunities to serve our community.
- Housing Refurbishment Initiatives – mobilized thousands of volunteers
- Birmingham Chaplaincy Corps – trained dozens of chaplains
- Congregational Mobilization – offering direction and connections for church leader
- www.CityOnItsKnees.com – currently 100 people per week praying for Birmingham’s cities
- Prayer Facilitation Coaching – quarterly coaching of dozens of prayer leaders
- www.ServeMyCity.org - Website connecting volunteers to Mission Birmingham’s nonprofit partners
- www.MapMyCity.org – Visualize Birmingham’s needs, assets and statistical data on an interactive website.
Will you join me in the endeavor of seeing the whole church take the whole gospel to the whole city?
- Will you pray? www.CityOnItsKnees.com is an incredibly helpful tool created by Mission Birmingham to give you prayer insights into every municipality in the Birmingham metro area. Or – join the Mission Birmingham prayer team to get regular updates on our progress toward seeing the whole church take the whole gospel to the whole city.
- Will you work? In every place God has given you stewardship – whether it’s your family, your home, your neighborhood, your workplace – will you ensure the Kingdom of God is reflected there? Be the transformation we all long for!
- Will you give? Mission Birmingham is expanding and our financial need is significant. I need to spend more time focused on the city. Our goal is to raise $70,000 in six months. Will you help us reach that goal? You can donate online with a credit or debit card at www.MissionBirmingham.org. Our giving system will allow you to donate in multiple ways – give electronic devices or gift cards you no longer need – donate a vehicle – contribute nearly anything – all with an easy process. Or simply mail your donation to the address below.
I look forward to reporting to you the great things God will do through our united efforts. Please contact me if you have any questions about the transition, need direction on how to impact our community with the Gospel or explore how your business or organization can get involved in the Kingdom work of Jesus.
Today - go to www.MissionBirmingham.org. Thanks for all you are going to do!
Kevin Moore, Executive Director
P.O. Box 12824
Birmingham, AL 35202