Maximizing Your 990
Register at www.990.eventbrite.com
Form 990 represents a significant public relations opportunity for nonprofits and only those most knowledgeable of the organization are in a position to maximize the form's public relations value.
Two reasons why your 990 matters:
- Informs the IRS -- The Form 990 provides the IRS with information about your nonprofit's activities and financial status in order to demonstrate that your nonprofit still meets the qualifications for tax-exemption.
- Informs the public -- The Form 990 informs the public about crucial aspects of your nonprofit. Potential donors look at an organization's Form 990 before making decisions about charitable giving.
Join other nonprofit leaders in a lunch and learn led by our region's top accounting experts from Barfield Murphy Shank & Smith.
Discover how to make your 990 a powerful tool for raising funds and communicating your ministry outcomes to everyone who wants to know!
Key leaders from your nonprofit should attend the Maximizing Your 990 Lunch and Learn:
- Executive Director
- Board Chairman
- Board Treasurer
You will walk away understanding:
- Public perception and transparency
- Basic layout of the core Form 990
- Key parts of particular importance to board members
- Most common errors
- Hot topics with the IRS
Sponsored by Barfield Murphy Shank & Smith