Mission Birmingham is committed to building capacity in the Christian nonprofits of the Birmingham region. We will provide the boards of Christian ministries in the Birmingham metro area with:
- State of the art meeting space for board meetings hosted by Mission Birmingham.
- A variety of 60-minute board development sessions at the beginning of each board meeting, led by the region’s top experts in board development.
- After the development session, boards may continue their meeting for regular business.
Mission Birmingham offers a flexible plan for board development. Nonprofit leaders choose the number of board meetings hosted by Mission Birmingham and the development topics to be discussed. We will collaborate on the determining the trainer.
The fee for the Board Development sessions vary and are based on the size and budget of the organization.
Topics for board coaching may include:
- Strategic Planning
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Legal and financial issues of boards
- Identification, recruitment, and orientation of board members
- Board-staff relations
- Board meetings and the use of committees
- Board’s fundraising role
- Board member motivation, responsibilities, and accountability
- Governance models and trends
- Effective collaboration
Contact Kevin Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your board development session.